1. Razor bought me two new orchid plants.
2. I never had orchids before last February.
3. I always thought they were a bit too fussy for me.
4. Come to find out though, I love orchids.
5. I love how long their blooms last.
6. When I was about twelve years old I rode in a Goodyear Blimp.
7. No lie.
8. We rode it over Los Angeles.
9. When I was twelve I was probably more annoyed about the whole thing than I was thrilled.
10. I know this because I have a thirteen year old.
11. Tell me you have a thirteen year old too.
13. I attended the University of Missouri for undergraduate school.
14. Majored in European History. Minored in Spanish.
15. Can't speak Spanish.
16. Probably could order a beer.
17. And ask where el bano is if necessary.
18. The above photo is of a new flower stalk on the orchid that I received in February 2012.
19. I'm giddy that I was able to get my very first orchid to grow new flower stalks.
20. Emphasis on stalks as you can see in the photo below there is the second stalk.
21. Guess orchids aren't too fussy after all.
22. I've sewn two quilt tops since Christmas.
23. Will be finishing up my third today.
24. I'm still a fierce Missouri Tiger fan even though we haven't lived there since 2000.
25. I moved around a bunch as a kid.
26. Colorado, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Missouri, Kansas.
27. I went to law school at the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
28. Most people think Kansas City is in Kansas.
29. Well, there is a Kansas City, Kansas.
30. But the bigger city is Kansas City, Missouri.
31. I was an assistant prosecuting attorney there for four years.
32. And now I'm a mom, soap maker, and quilter living in rural America.
33. Couldn't be happier with that last one.
34. Razor is from Missouri.
35. I know down deep in my bones how lucky I am that he has moved with me.
36. The kids are home from school today due to flooding.
37. Who ever heard of a "flood day"?
38. Spending time at home with my family is my favorite thing.
39. My kids are big on naming favorite things. Favorite food. Favorite fruit. Favorite song. Favorite game. Favorite this. Favorite that.
40. Happy coincidence that my kids are home in the middle of the week.
41. Cause today is my birthday and I couldn't think of anything better than to spend it with them.